Philosophie und Prinzipien
Concepts and Tactics
- B.A.D. Be aware… Avoid… Defend
a) Always be aware of your surroundings
b) Avoid dangerous situations and places
c) Defend while attacking
- In a Streetfight there’s no Winning or Losing – there’s only Surviving
- You can’t survive an attack only by defending; you have to attack to survive
Principles and Guidelines
- Don’t get hurt!
- Hurt the attacker!
- Hit fast and first!
- Keep your defense as short as possible and your offense as long as necessary!
- Maintain constant forward pressure!
- Stay with both feet on the ground!
- Never go voluntarily to the ground!
- If you go to the ground, get up as fast as you can!
- Always use simple and natural movements that can be easily memorized by your sub-conscious mind! In a real encounter, you can only rely on your Sub-Consciousness, your Intuition and your Brain-Muscle-Memory.
- Reduce your arsenal of techniques to the minimum! (The fewer the better)
Knife-, Club and Gun-Defense
- R.C.A.D. Redirect - Control - Attack - Disarm
Redirect: Stay or get out of the way of the weapon or stop or redirect it before it can reach its target!
Control: Catch the arm holding the weapon and don’t let loose until he is no longer capable of holding the weapon!
Attack: Inflict pain and damage! Destroy his mental resistance!
Disarm: Get control of the weapon or make him at least lose control of it!
January, 11th. 2011 © Juergen Zoeller